The following is a self-assessment of the level of reality that you currently accept. I encourage you to assess yourself before and after you examine the four categories of RealityAcceptance.com.
Give yourself one point for each statement you agree with about yourself and others.
- I am aware of my affect on other people.
- I care about issues that only affect other people.
- I try to be altruistic (showing a selfless concern for others).
- No person is more important or better than another.
- I vote for the candidate who is good for the most amount of people.
- Not caring about something does not make it unimportant to others.
- I do not have an opinion about everything.
- I rarely lie to others or myself.
- I care about other people and hope they care about me.
- I am usually aware of how others feel emotionally.
_______ Other People Exist Reality Acceptance Score
- I do not follow any one religion.
- I do not believe in the supernatural.
- Life is not win or lose.
- I am not overly concerned with obtaining wealth.
- I can talk to people with which I disagree.
- I change my mind often.
- You can be a good person no matter your background.
- I think logically most of the time.
- You create your own meaning in life.
- I enjoy thinking about many different things.
_______ Thinking Reality Acceptance Score
- Science is the closest thing we have to examining reality without bias.
- I do not believe in things that have little evidence for their existence.
- Evolution is a theory that has been proven through an over-whelming amount of evidence.
- The human body is not perfect.
- Humans are not superior to other animals.
- Genetic diversity is important to all species.
- Asking questions is important.
- Failure is important to learning and nothing is perfect.
- I refer to a consensus of experts regarding concepts I do not fully understand.
- I understand how the scientific method works.
_______ Science Reality Acceptance Score
- I get regular exercise.
- I accept medical advice from medical experts.
- I do not hate anyone or anything.
- Mental illness is a serious problem for many people.
- Health and happiness are important to me.
- I do not harbor resentment toward others.
- Mental and physical health are related.
- Most of the time, I eat healthy foods.
- Most of the time, I do not consume foods or drinks that have no nutritional value.
- I am not an aggressive or stressful person.
_______ Health Reality Acceptance Score
_______ Total Reality Acceptance Score (add all four categories above)
0-10 Low reality acceptance
11-20 Low to medium reality acceptance
21-30 Medium reality acceptance
31-40 High reality acceptance